Here we are...

Here we are...

Sunday, November 18, 2007

~Our Christmas Tree & The Cabin~

Yeah, I know.. it's a little early for the tree.. But I had to make up for last year. Will and I had moved into our new apartment 1 week before Christmas last year, so the tree wasn't up for that long. I had helped my Mom put hers up on the 4th of this month, (not sure why she wanted hers up, maybe she just felt in the 'festive mood'..) So, of course that prompted me to want to put ours up. I asked Will what he thought, and he didn't care either way, so we put the tree up on the 7th. Porter was with us that week, so he helped and had a lot of fun decorating the tree. I am glad to have it up, I really like this time of year. I just can't believe it's hear already!!
This weekend we went up to the cabin. The last time we were up there was in August, and I have never been up there during the winter/fall.. so we went! We left on Friday, and got up there around 8 or so. Kelsey (Will's sister) stayed up there with her 2 kids (Cali & Cole) with us the whole weekend. It was a lot of fun, relaxing, and a nice get-away. The kids enjoyed being around each other and playing. On Saturday morning, we went out to breakfast. There are only a few places actually open up at Bear Lake this time of year, so the pickings were slim. We watched movies all day and laid around. For dinner, Kelsey and I went and got some pizza (at a place that is only open on Friday & Saturday nights) and we also stopped at a little grocery store to get some eggs (to make brownies-Kelsey's idea) and some ice cream, for dessert.
This picture was at breakfast Saturday morning.


The kids outside the restaurant we ate at for breakfast.




This morning Kelsey got up early and left, so they could make it to church on time. Porter and I decided to have some of the ice cream for breakfast this morning! It was a pretty good idea! We cleaned the cabin and got everything in the truck and made it home around 4... I really like getting away, but it's always good to come home. (We just don't want to go to work tomorrow..) ha ha

Anyway, I'll have more to write about later..

2 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! I am going to put my tree up when we get home from Thanksgiving--its never too early in my opinion!

kcsmiles said...

Cute post! Also, I wanted to let you know that you have been tagged. Go on to my blog and see what you need to do. I didn't know how to link to your site when I tagged you so if you do let me know how. I'm pretty good with computer stuff but some little things still throw me! Love you! Have a happy Thanksgiving!