Here we are...

Here we are...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Will & I are now carpooling...

So, there I was driving home from work yesterday... and I get side-swiped by some crazy lady driver going god-knows-how-fast. I was driving along in the right hand lane, and she was in the far left (on the freeway). All the sudden, I see her cutting across all 3 lanes to try and get off the exit that was on the right hand side of the freeway. It just so happens I was in her way. She didn't have her blinker on and it didn't seem like she even looked to see if anyone was in the way. She just darted across the freeway. Best part of it is.. she has no insurance. She hit the front, left side of my truck, and smacked the rest of her SUV into mine as we kept going.. I have quite a bit of body damage, and the alignment is off. Lovely. When we came to a stop, I was freaking out. Crying like a baby. IT SCARED THE SHI* OUT OF ME. I immediately called Will and told him what happened. She hit me pretty hard. I didn't really feel much pain or stiffness last night, but this morning my back is really bugging me. (More than normal.) (For those of you who don't know, I have Scoliosis.. and I pretty much just deal with the pain on a daily basis anyway..) Back to the story.. when we came to a stop, I couldn't control my tears, they just kept coming. I was so freaked out. I have NEVER been in an accident that severe. I've been in rear-end crashes, but that's about it. Anyway, she came and knocked on the window (while she was on her cell phone) and she asked if I was ok. That was it. Then she walked away. Looking back on the situation it seemed like she didn't even care that she almost killed me. I am surprised I didn't yell at her. I was so mad, but scared at the same time. And the BITC* doesn't have insurance. GREAT. Now what am I going to do. I can't afford to pay for my truck to get fixed. Anyway, here are some pics... the drivers side door will only open a few inches, so when I got home I had to crawl out the passenger side.

2 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

That is horrible! Did you get her name and number? If not, then you're definitely in trouble!

I really hope you're feeling okay and you're back isn't hurting too much(at least more than normal anyway!)

Jenn said...

I'm glad you weren't seriously injured! But how annoying! I want to know how come there isn't more of a fine or something for those without insurance.