Here we are...

Here we are...

Sunday, September 30, 2007

WOO HOO for Soccer!! But not the COLD!!

It's that time of year... and Will enrolled Porter in Soccer. This is the first time he has played! I am so grateful to be a part of that experience for him! He is an awesome player (if I do say so myself...) Geez.. you'd think he was my kid...


Anyway, he really enjoys it. He has had 3 games now.. one of which was cancelled. His very first game he scored 2 goals!! He was so excited. He kept asking Will and I if we saw it, like he didn't think we were watching. He is a good little athlete. (Follows after his Dad...)

Porter was with his Mom this weekend. It's seemed so weird to not have him this weekend. It seems like we have had him with us so much lately, that it was just 'quiet' and weird without him here. I went out to my Mom's to do some painting on Friday night, after work. Po was at the house with Will till about 5:30, when I got home. I went out to my Mom's pretty much right after that. At work, they are doing some remodeling and they were getting rid of some things.. There were these 2 white shelves in the office on the 3rd floor (which will be my residence for the next few weeks, along with the rest of my team), that they were just going to throw away! So, one of the other assistants and I each took one. However, I wanted to paint it black, to match a few other things I have.
The weekend before this one, Will, Po, and I went to a garage sale that Will's boss had. He was raising some money for his Mother who has cancer.. So, we volunteered our time to see if we could help out at the garage sale. We ended up buying a few things, among them, some more decorations that I want to paint... ha ha
So, on Friday night (9/28) which also happens to be my Mom's birthday, I went out to the house with the plan to paint.... Yeah, that didn't happen... My youngest brother, Ev, still lives at home, and his girlfriend Nina moved in as well. So, when I first got out to the house, I gave my Mom the gift I had got for her, and we had a plan to go up to Wal-Mart to have the can of paint we had, shaken up. (It's been sitting in the garage for quite a while) well, Nina came with us, and before you know it, almost 2 hours had passed. Then Nina mentioned that she was going to dinner at La Luna with a friend and wanted to know if my Mom and I wanted to go.. (like I'm gonna turn down Mexican food...) so, we went. By the time we were done, it was like 9:30. Way too late to paint... cuz we were going to do it out in the garage, and with how cold it was this weekend... we changed our minds.. (I kind of felt bad not painting because Will went out and bought sand paper and sanded all the stuff for me on Friday afternoon.) I went home after sitting at the house for a bit.
Then yesterday (Saturday) morning, all the girls had plans to go to a boutique that is up in the Fruit Heights/Layton area. I can't even remember the name of it now.. Anyway, it was me, my Mom, Brittany (my sis-in-law, Kale's wife), and Nina that drove up there together. Talk about a crappy drive! It was storming so bad yesterday! We met my Grandma (my Mom's Mom), my Mom's sister Susan, Susan's daughter Mandy, Mandy's 2 girls Kennedy & Paris, my cousins wife Stephani, and her 2 kids Maison and David John Jr. (which by the way is the cutest little stink-face, he's 6 months old and just the sweetest thing ever!) We looked around the boutique, which was really expensive, so hardly any of us got anything.. but then we went and ate at the little restaurant they had next door. It was so fun to be with all the girls! I had my camera, but forgot it in the car, and it was snowing so bad that I didn't want to go out to Britt's car to get it... DANG IT! I am so mad that I didn't get any pictures. I always take pictures and I am upset that I didn't get any. I'll make sure to get pictures next time!! My Grandma wants to get all the girls together to go to this place out here in West Jordan called Gardener Village, on Oct 19th. They are having this little thing called 'Witches Night Out' and you have to dress up like a witch. It will be fun! Gardener Village is like a bunch of little boutiques in like old antique houses.. hence the name 'village'.. each one is a different theme, and they have so many cute things and ideas.. That will be a lot of fun.
Anyway, I'll write more soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO PORTER!! When are we going to see you guys????