Here we are...

Here we are...

Friday, October 16, 2009

Lady GooGoo.....and the flu flu.....

So... there I was at work today and we starting chatting about how crazy that Lady GaGa character is... So we "googled" her name and a bunch of pics came up. I saw this one and laughed about it for a good half hour.... I emailed it to Will because he is a HUGE Eminem fan. He called me laughing his A$$ off...
Then I saw this one! Just exactly how many Kermit's did they have to kill for this?? Poor guys..
Then Kermit got his revenge!

Pure entertainment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, speaking of work... both Will and I have new jobs. And I can honestly say that I am the happiest that I have been in a llllooooonnnngggg time. I love my job. I'm basically my own boss. I work for a medical staffing firm in Murray. I was hired in July, about a week after I was laid off from the architecture firm. Will knew a girl that worked at this place, and sent her my resume. Next thing I know, I had a phone interview, then a "real" interview the next day! I finally had one more "real" interview and was hired on the spot. They started me out at $3 more than what I made at the architecture place! And the benefits are awesome. AND THE BEST PART OF IT ALL!?!?!?! We have happy hour every Friday at 4:00. We stay clocked in and all gather in the kitchen for a glass of wine and conversation, to get to know everyone. There are only about 45 employees, so it's a smaller company. Me and my loud laugh fit right in!! I am so blessed to have lost my last job. It brought me to bigger and better things.

To top it off, Will actually got a job (finally) with one of our competing companies. Funny, right? I talked to the owner's of my company and they said it was no big deal. Nice! He started about 3 weeks ago and he loves his job too. It's different than any other he's had in the past. Instead of being pressured by numbers and sales and junk, he's in a support position. He is the only person on his team that does what he does. Makes you feel important! He's so used to feeling the pressure of selling and hitting certain numbers, that this was a refreshing change.

Right now, we are down to one car. (couldn't afford both... so this has been going on for about 3 months) But it works out pretty well because Will works 8-5 and I work 9-6, so we just swap out the car at lunch. It does make it hectic sometimes, but for now, we have to do what we have to do. :)

With all the sickness that's been going around lately... We've been loading up on Vitamin C. But low and behold... my whole freakin' office (well, pretty close anyway) came down with the flu. I woke up last Thursday morning with the headache from hell, so I stayed in bed all day. As the day wore on, it got worse... and worse... and worse.... by the time Will got home from work and Porter's soccer game (about 7:00) I couldn't even roll over in bed, I was in so much pain. I mean, my back ALWAYS hurts anyway, but it was to the point that I was crying. The last time I hurt this bad, I was actually diagnosed with Strep. So... that's what I thought it was. Will and Po took me to the instacare down the street from us, and they did a strep test and a flu test (which by the way, is the most unpleasant thing I have ever had to do). They stick a freakin' long a$$ swab all the way up your nose. I swear, it touched my brain. My eyes were watering so bad. Anyway, both came back negative. The doc said that the flu test isn't all that accurate, so he asked me if I wanted to treat it as the flu anyway, just in case. So, I left with a Tami flu prescription and told to take Tylenol til my 102 temperature came down. I was dying!!!!!!!! Friday sucked, so I stayed home again... Saturday, I got a little energy back, and Sunday I was actually up doing laundry and chores and stuff. All in all, I'm glad it only lasted a few days.. but now I'm screwed on vacation hours (PTO) because it put me in the hole about 18 hours. (I left early on Monday...) So, I just have to work an extra hour here and there to make up the hours (which is nice that they let you do that instead of just taking it out of the PTO you get bi-weekly anyway...

OK, OK.... enough out of me. I will write again soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: