Here we are...

Here we are...

Monday, September 8, 2008

Learning Chores...and an update on the weekend..

So... This weekend, Porter learned some new chores. He has been taking the garbage out and cleaning his room, but that's about it. He wanted to earn a new DS (Nintendo) game, so Will came up with the idea that Po learn to clean the bathroom! It was so cute. He was trying to clean the tub while kneeling on the outside of it like Will or I would do, but Po isn't big enough. So, he climbed on in, and started scrubbing... I got some pretty good pics. (blackmail for when he's older.. hahahahaha)


This weekend was pretty uneventful other than cleaning the apartment. I went to the pool on Sunday to relax and get a little sun. Will and Porter wanted to stay home and play the games, so I went by myself. It was actually really relaxing. The weather was perfect! I was only out for about 2 hours, but guess who got fried! ME! Like a lobster.. (sorry no pics..) It didn't really show up till about 2 or 3 hours after I got home.. My face and my chest were bright red. When I got home, we had decided that MY spaghetti sounded good for dinner.. So, I threw some clothes on real quick and Po and I ran to the store to get supplies. We really only needed meat, I had everything else at the house. After dinner, that's when the burn showed up.. OUCH! I couldn't believe I got so burnt. I thought when I first got back from the pool, "Oh, it looks like I got a little sun." Little did I know.... I got a LOT of sun.


As I mentioned in my last post, Porter started 1st grade on August 26th. Tiffany (his mom) took him to school, but she didn't have her camera with her, so when I picked him up after I got off work, I took some pics of him while he was still in his '1st day outfit'. He looked really cute. I can't believe how fast he's growing. Before we know it, he'll be graduating from High School, then college... Geez....

I can't believe how fast this summer went by. I'm not ready for it to get cold yet. I think mother nature is a beast... the cold weather seasons always seem to last a lot longer than the warm ones. And I don't think that's fair. Whomever this 'mother nature' person is, I'd like to have a little talk with her...

2 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Thats great that he's learning the value of hard work!

He looks adorable and huge in his first day clothes!

Sarah said...

porter is getting so...big! he is so...cute! how are you guys? i haven't seen you in forever. the blog looks great.