Here we are...

Here we are...

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Camping and a new puppy!

We went camping with my little brother, Kale and his wife last weekend, we left on Friday the 19th and came home Sunday the 21st. It was a lot of fun. They have a camper trailer and we were all able to stay in it. They brought their little dachshund, Charlie, with us as well.
When we got up there on Friday night, it was kind of late. But we still waited to eat dinner till we got up there and settled. Britt (Kale's wife) and I set up the cooking stuff while Kale and Will got the camper situated. Kale cooked us tacos! They were SOOOO good. I ate almost 3 of them. He cooks everything in a dutch oven while camping, and it was the best tacos I've had (except for mine, of course...) Friday night we watched a few episodes of 'The Office'. Kale and Britt have the seasons on DVD. HILARIOUS. Saturday, Kale got up and made us breakfast burritos in the dutch oven. They were delic! We tried to go fishing Saturday afternoon, and the weather was really nice... until we got to the little lake. As soon as we got closer to the lake, it started pouring. Bad! So, we just turned around and went back to camp... And watched more of 'The Office.' We had sandwiches and chips and stuff for lunch and then for dinner, Kale (our chef) cooked us this chicken & rice dinner in the dutch oven again. I don't know what spices he used in it, but it was really good. I think he put cream of mushroom soup in it too, but I'm not sure what else. All I know, is that we need to go camping with Kale more often.. just for the food!! And of course, Friday night and Saturday night, we roasted marshmallow's. My favorite!
Saturday, Will was showing Po how to carve a stick with his pocketknife. After they were done, Will went to close the knife part, and ended up cutting his thumb really bad. So.. the pocketknife was off limits the rest of the weekend.
We got up on Sunday and tried the fishing thing again. It was freezing cold! We went to Washington Lake and were only there for about an hour (if that) because it was sooo cold. Kale got a fishing pole ready for Po and cast it out in the lake.. a few minutes later... Porter got a fish!!! It was so exciting for him. He was so happy! We went back to camp and packed up, ate some lunch, and left for home. All in all, it was a good weekend. I can't wait till we can do it again. While we were sitting around the campfire, Porter discovered "fire dots". It happens when you put a new log on the fire or put something in the fire, and the flames shoot little sparks into the air. So, Porter was trying to hit them with a stick... It was pretty funny. Then when they'd disappear, he'd say, "Dad! Make more fire dots!" He had us all laughing pretty hard. He's the funniest kid. He has the best personality. Just a goof ball.
Now... as far as the new puppy goes... WE ARE GETTING ONE! A little male dachshund.. and we have named him Cecil. Cecil the weenie dog. I can't wait till we get to bring him home. Here's the story... On Friday when we were at Kale & Britt's house waiting to leave to go camping, Kale informed me that someone we went to high school with lives across the street from him and that they had weenie dog puppies. So... I took Porter with me and we went to see the puppies. We were over there for about an hour or so (we had to wait for Britt to get home from work anyway..) and we (Porter and I) decided that we needed a dog. We've been talking about getting one for a while and we have sleepovers with the weenie dogs that are at my Mom's house, so why not get one of our own?? He's a chocolate color and has blue eyes. As of Monday, (the 22nd) he's 5 weeks old. So, we need to wait a couple weeks to bring him home. I CAN'T WAIT!! IT'S KILLING ME! All day long.. all I think about is little Cecil. He turned 5 weeks old on Monday, and I went to see him. I didn't have my camera with me, but I had the camera on my phone.. So this is the best pic I have of him for now... We have to wait another week or 2 to make sure he's eating on his own, and all that fun stuff. In the meantime, that's all Porter talks about.

No comments: