Here we are...

Here we are...

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Pirates & Hotdogs....


Kind of a funny title, huh? Well on Saturday morning at about 11, Porter had a birthday party to go to for a little girl named Mia, that lives across the hall from us. She turned 6. Mia is really into Pirates for some reason, so her invitations had pirates on them, and when Porter got to the party there was pirate costumes for all the kids. They even got treasure chests with a ton of candy and other goodies. He had a lot of fun.

Then later that day, my Grandma wanted to have everyone up for a picnic/wienee roast at the Terraces up Millcreek Canyon. Millcreek is right above her house, pretty much. We were supposed to meet at 2, but I was waiting for Porter to get home from the party. (Mia's Mom was bringing him home, because they were coming home as well.) Po got home at about 2:30, and Will didn't want to go, so just Po and I went. We couldn't find the terraces once we got up the canyon. I drove all the way to the top, and back down, which took about an hour or so. Then I finally asked someone and they told me how to get there. It was only about 5 minutes up the canyon, and there was a tiny sign on the left side of the road that said 'Terraces' and pointed to the right side of the road. So we turned right, and found the little picnic area in about 5 minutes. (Geez, talk about a whole lotta drivin') My Mom was going to come up with Kale and Britt, and they passed us on their way back down. I guess the elevation was really putting my Mom in a ton of pain, because of her eye surgery. It was putting so much pressure on her eye, she said she could see colors and felt like her eye was going to explode. She couldn't stay up there, so Kale and Britt took her back home and I guess they stopped at Ruby Tuesdays to get something to eat.
When Porter and I finally pulled up, everyone was excited to see us. My Grandma, Uncle Dave, D.J. and Steph (cousins) and their 2 kids (Maison and David), and my cousins Mandy's 2 little girls were there(Kennedy & Paris.) My Aunt Susan and her boyfriend showed up a little later. It was fun to see everyone. Porter had a lot of fun with the girls. They would chase him around and scream! It was so funny! I could tell Porter was lovin' it. We cooked our hot dogs over the fire, on sticks. Po cooked his own! He did a really good job! He was a really good eater too! He ate everything on his plate. We were up there for about 3 hours and Po didn't want to leave. He liked playing out in the mountains and building stuff with sticks. We stopped at my Grandma's after, so that Po could see my uncles dogs. We got home at about 7:30. What a long day! Porter was worn out. Will and I laid down to watch some T.V. and Po laid with us. After about 5 minutes, he was out!
This was the sunset on our way home from the canyon! Pretty huh?

1 comment:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Sounds like a fun and adventurous day! You guys always seem like you're doing such fun things and you do such a great job with Porter! He is lucky to have you. I can't believe how big he is getting! Love ya!